If you have been directed to the APDT,UK by any of the dog assistance charities because you do not meet their criteria or they have a waiting list, please be aware of the following:
- The APDT,UK is not a registered charity.
- The APDT,UK cannot qualify a dog to become an assistance dog. Only one of the assistance charities can do this.
- Some of the training needed for assistance dogs is highly specialised, e.g. seizure alert dogs, and not usually within the scope of pet dog training services.
- The APDT,UK does not provide dogs or puppies.
- APDT,UK trainers may charge for their services.
Many APDT,UK trainers will be happy to help you teach your dog various tasks that can help in everyday life. To discuss your needs and enquire about availability of trainers, charges, etc. please click www.apdt.co.uk/dog-owners/local-dog-trainers to find a trainer in your area.