Dog Training Events
Have a look at some moments from the ACTIVITY WEEKEND 2017
The APDTUK Activity Weekend Saturday 9 June and Sunday 10 June 2018 - at the fabulous venue TOP BARN FARM, Worcestershire
Your dog should be comfortable in this sort of situation - with other dogs and people in workshops, dogs and owners walking around the venue and in close proximity in the marquee
- Interested in how Search and Rescue dogs work?
- Want to keep your dog fit?
- Love the idea of teaching your dog to herd but but don't want to use sheep?
- Want to try a new dog sport?
- Has your dog the potential to become a TV/film star?
- Need to improve your clicker training skills?
Our Activity weekend has workshops on all the above. Book on a workshop and bring your dog or just come and watch the fun.
The Activity Weekend is open to everyone not just members.
Please click on the links below for more information on the workshops.
- Prices: £85 per activity.
- Members, Subscribers and Student Members £10 discount per activity.
- Book 2 activities for same person receive £10 discount overall.
- Only one activity can be booked per day.
- Early Bird Discount £10 per activity per day. (Booking form and fee must be received by the APDT,UK office before 28 February 2018.)
- Spectators: £15 per day per person, £25 per weekend per person. Spectators cannot take part in any activities/discussions.
- Camping/Caravan without hook up free.
- Camping/Caravan with hook up £6 per night. BBQ Saturday evening only £7.
Members and non-members are welcome at the Activity Weekend
To join us for a fun weekend please click on: Booking Form
An email will be sent as confirmation. Please contact the APDTUK office on firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.
No refunds will be given after 30 May. If you have taken an Early Bird discount an admin fee of £10 will be deducted from the refund.
ANN BOND DOG TRAINING & BEHAVIOUR
Canine Psychology - A Deeper Understanding
Dog training and canine behaviour throughout Weymouth, Dorchester, Portland and the surrounding areas. APDTUK registered and with over 30 years in the field. Qualified Veterinary Nurse, teacher and lecturer in Animal Care and Canine Behaviour. Behaviour modification on Veterinary and rescue referral.
Course Info: Take a journey deeper into the anatomy and psychology of a dog's brain and behaviour. Just what is going on inside when they display behaviours that we find alarming or confusing? What appear to be actions of choice from the dog are often biologically driven behaviours which become habits over time. Before attempting to modify a dog's problem behaviour, it is essential to have an understanding of the internal processes of the dog's body as well as the external body language. Follow on course from A Journey through the Ages or for professionals working in the Industry, it is delivered one day per month for four months. Individual days can be booked if space.
Day 1: Evolution & Development of the Modern Dog - 17/02/2018
• Evolution of the dog through the ages to present day
• Breeds - genetic traits, behaviour & health
• Recognising common hereditary diseases
• Alternative therapy - Bach Flower remedies
Day 2: The Dog's Brain - 17/03/2018
• How the dogs brain and nervous system works
• Effects of behaviour
• Canine fears, phobias and anxiety
• Positive solutions for common anxieties
• Alternative therapy - Canine chiropractor demonstration
Day 3: Hormones and Behaviour - 14/04/2018
• Hormones - effects on health and behaviour
• Neutering - advantages and disadvantages
• Hyper dogs & compulsive, obsessive behaviours
• Alternative Therapy - Introduction to Tellington TTouch
Day 4: All about aggression - 12/05/2018
• Why dogs aggress
• Classifying aggression
• Recognising and interpreting signs of aggression
• The "breed trap"
• Modifying common aggression problems
Cost for 4 day Course: £200.00 includes tea, coffee and cake.
Cost for individual day: £60.00 to include tea, coffee and cake.
Location: Drax Hall, Bere Regis (near Dorchester), Dorset BH20 7L - free parking.
Dates: February 17th, March 17th, April 14th and May 12th 2018.
Time: 9.15am to 4.30pm
To book: please call Ann on 01305 832569 or email email@example.com
Ann Bond HNC.CBT QTLLS
Call: 01305 832569
VET Festival: 8 – 9 June 2018, Loseley Park, Surrey
VET Festival is different. Very different. Ask anyone that’s been. It is the only outdoor CPD event and we guarantee you will leave feeling inspired, invigorated and bursting with new found knowledge to take back to your practice.
It really is CPD with the feel good factor! VET Festival is a unique outdoor environment - fresh air, music, chilling, great food and an awesome atmosphere. It’s a chance to immerse yourself in CPD for 2 days but also have some fun and relax with your colleagues.
TOP REASONS TO CHOOSE VET FESTIVAL FOR YOUR CPD:
- International, pioneering speakers
- 14 conference streams, 120+ CPD lectures and a dedicated nursing trail
- New Streams for 2018: Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cardiopulmonary & Diagnostic Imaging & Nutrition
- New for 2018: two day Rehabilitation stream
- New for 2018: Interactive tent with hands-on practical sessions
- VETFest™ Live Party on Friday night
- Over 40+ exhibitors and sponsors demonstrating the latest products and services